Friday, October 7, 2011

Abandonment issues

Sitting on the bus a mother with two monstrous children were vying for control. One of the children upped the ante by letting rip with an almighty ear piercing shriek. Seriously, one checked for blood it was that bad. The mother, undeterred, turned around and said if you don't stop I'm going to get the bus driver to stop and leave you on the curb.

If we develop our assorted issues during childhood, as many believe, one deeply suspects we can often blame our parents. See we grow up with no memory of these incidents by and large, but the scars remain. Those scars lie there just waiting for the right incentive to crack open again. And we wonder where it comes from...
Looks around furtively and whispers, it really is your mother's fault.

3 comments:

Storm said...

It is so NOT my fault if my children have issues...It's my mothers.
Think they'll fall for that?

Unknown said...

Yup! It's my fault. I keep telling them that tormenting them gives my life meaning but for some reason they laugh?

Anonymous said...

Oh it's all my fault and I expect them to totally blame me in therapy. Lol!