Sunday, March 2, 2014

Choices suck sometimes



Today was the one day off this week. It is one day due to being stuffed in a room full of people for the next three days, being bored to death with highlights like how to ask an open question, in the guise of vitamin training. A topic one was signed up for by the boss before they realised that it wasn't the comprehensive training they were told, but marketing and sales. To add insult to injury the company has made it compulsory... how else would they get participation :(

So given one day off choices have to be made... do we skive off to bed for some real fun or do all those things that have to be done when the next three days are effectively going to be fourteen hour days of dreariness?
We chose being responsible adults who needed clean clothes and bedding and food in the cupboard... well that one was mostly one small slave getting provisions in case they try to starve and poison a girl over the next few days, but...

Being an adult is the biggest suckfest ever
Though Colin did manage to kill something rather impressively... it's amazing what you can do when you aren't leading from behind for a change

7 comments:

Storm said...

uh huh, I feel as though I was completely misled about this whole adult thing...

ancilla_ksst said...

*Being an adult is the biggest suckfest ever*

That is the truth. Every time my kid says "I can't wait to grow up" I only laugh bitterly because I can't stand to crush his hopes.

Unknown said...

That's why I need the guidance. Left to my own devices it would have been the bed and recycled clothing from the hamper. No self control can sometimes be a blessing even if somewhat disgusting.

Unknown said...

That's why I need the guidance. Left to my own devices it would have been the bed and recycled clothing from the hamper. No self control can sometimes be a blessing even if somewhat disgusting.

Master's piece said...

Now you see a bit of trivia for you... your sense of smell is linked to your estrogen levels. Men have less of it. It's why they can live out of the laundry hamper quite happily...

ancilla_ksst said...

I did know the bit about sense of smell and hormones. In fact, back a few years ago I walked out into the yard and complained to my Master that the trash smelled HORRIBLE. It is by the garage, about 100 feet from the house. He said "Oh, God, you are pregnant, aren't you?" and I said "psshhhhh, NO". We'd only stopped using condoms and trying for a baby two weeks previously. Turns out, I was exactly two weeks pregnant.

Betsy T said...

My 10 year old daughter also frequently says how much easier it would be to be an adult. No school, no one telling you what to do, you can buy whatever you want, eat whatever you want etc. Man, is she going to be in for an unpleasant surprise. I tell her that she should enjoy being a kid and that life will never be that easy again but she doesn't get it. I guess she is going to find out the hard way like we all do :)